Guys, what does it mean when you...

maybe its a way of flirting, but it could be a way to show you something or even annoy you but it all depends on what guy it is and what the situation is...If its a guy youve knowk for a long time and your good friends its probably just a friendly gesture but if its some g uy you dont know much he culd be droppig hints he likes you

For me, it depends on the situation. If the girl is in my dating bracket [age, family ties, friends ect] then I wouldn't touch her unless I was intrested.

However, if the girl is someone who I know I wouldnt be intrested in, and also someone who knows that I wouldnt be intrested in her [ie someone who is a lot older/younger than me, or a family member] then I will sometimes touch her out of happit. Like to get her attention if I dont know her name, ect.

If it happens more than once, then it's probally flirtation. If she just touches your arm, and than asks you for directions, it's probally nothing.

I will answer your question, and you answer mine...

When I touch a girl on her shoulder, that mean I want to get her attention, for information and stuff, like dirrections homework, etc..

but if I touch her with my back hand that means, I want to be close to her, or that I'm really comfortable with that person.

If I use one finger.....again for basic information....or that I am intiminated by her that I won't use my whole hand, and I don't want to scare her off...

When I use the front of my hand to get her attention..

One....A guy never uses his front part of his hand to get her attention, its kinda weird and fruity(I mean the side of the arm), but if use the front part of your hand on her shoulder, then its ok, and it means "HI!!!!" like a good "HI"

Also when I use the front part of my hand to touch her on the side of her arm...I don't do it for information, its usually just for cuddleling and everything..

OK....for my question:

would you be comfortable if I don't know you and tap the side of your arm? would you feel like.....'Who the F* I am' or would I be invading your space..

hey thats true, I never realized it before.

When I touch someone to get their attention or ask for information or something, its on the sholder, and when it's someone I like it's on the side of the arm, or their back. Also, when its just for informaion its just the top of my hand or a few fingers.

Hmm, I think you want the original poster to awnser your question, as I generally dont like guys touching me unless its just to get my attention

I think it varies from person to person the meaning of it for me. If i'm showing or guiding someone whos just one of my best friends, I'll do it in a general sort of way, like a tap and a point or something like that. If it's someone I'm attracted to or flirting with, I usually do it in a slightly more prolonged and softer way, like say a hand on the side of their shoulder to get their attention. As for people Idon't know, I normally try to avoid physical contact there.

hey thats true, I never realized it before.

When I touch someone to get their attention or ask for information or something, its on the sholder, and when it's someone I like it's on the side of the arm, or their back. Also, when its just for informaion its just the top of my hand or a few fingers.

yeah I just realized that too thinking back. I'm not much of a physical contact person(not by choice), but I do remember when i wanted info, it would always be the shoulder, but then this one girl I started to like it would be on the arm or back.

Wow a lot of responses to my question, Thanks guys...keep them coming.

Anywho,

theghost: If I didn't know you and you wanted to get my attention, I probably would feel most comfortable with just a tap on the shoulder (NOT a childish tap-tap with one finger, but more like a quick, gentle touch on the shoulder). Yet it depends on what position I am in. If my back was to you, or I was busy doing something/not paying attention to what is going on around me, then use the tap/touch on the shoulder. If I am facing you/we are walking towards each other, then a gentle touch on the arm could be used.

And FYI if anyone cares...lol...this guy used the front part of his hand and put it on my shoulder as I was walking by him. He also said Hi & How are you. And if anyone cares again...lol...this is the younger guy I was talking about (the guy going into gr.12, whereas I just graduated). So I guess this means a good "HI!" as theghost said, lol.

It can be a flirt, but no guarantees.... it can also just be a way to loosen up a group.... especially if your touching/embracing a group.

Some people are always touchy-feely. Some people say hello to everyone with a hand on the trap.... in some sense it can establish a strong alpha presense.. and intimidate people.. othertimes just a persons style..

If as you pass by, probably higher odds on flirt..... rolling your hand over her arm as you walk by as sort of a hello... more of a flirt thing

...touch a girl when you pass by her? I mean like you touch her shoulder or arm to guide her or something like that. Is

that just what you naturally do?