We met...he was wonderful...now what?!

Delusional Kisses

So, I met the guy I've been talking to for the past seven months. It went great...much better than I expected. He was sweet and bold and confident and gorgeous and even better than I expected. We saw a movie, we laughed and talked and joked and so on. Now I'm back home and I can't stop thinking of him. Part of me just thinks it was a bad idea to meet him given the fact that he lives so far away. What are the chances we'd even get to see each other again...my head is in a daze now.

How far away are you two? Have you spoken with him since the visit and gotten an idea of if he loved spending time with you as much as you did with him (From the sounds of it Im SURE he did, but I think the chances of really having something with him are greater if these feelings are mutual)?

We did not discuss a future meeting....yet. I want to, but I'm scared to bring it up. He said he had a great time and he was glad I came and he says he misses me. I just hate bringing it up because I don't wanna sound clingy or needy or stereotypical. Yes...I saw you two days ago and I just HAVE to see you again....and yet we are 700 miles apart.

Yeah, I'm in the same situation, only I'm over 6000 miles apart from the guy I met at the beginning of the month. I already had strong feelings for him before we met, and he about me, and we talked about it, but now that I've met him I'm only developing more and more feelings for him.

We definitely want to see each other again and we're already planning a next meeting. Due to our situations at home (work-related etc.) I think we're going to have to do LDR for quite a bit longer....but I want this guy, so I'm already looking at opportunities for me to go to his country and stay there for a longer amount of time...

Anyway, sounds like your meeting went great as well! If he says he misses you, he definitely wants to see you again. I'd start discussing a new meeting with him ASAP! Perhaps he could visit you this time?

We did not discuss a future meeting....yet. I want to, but I'm scared to bring it up. He said he had a great time and he was glad I came and he says he misses me. I just hate bringing it up because I don't wanna sound clingy or needy or stereotypical. Yes...I saw you two days ago and I just HAVE to see you again....and yet we are 700 miles apart.

What was discussed before you met as far as what he was looking for out of meeting? If you felt you two knew each other so well before meeting why would he jump to the conclusion that you are clingy/needy/stereotypical? Do you feel (as I would in this situation) that despite typing/talking before you met, that dating/getting to know each other in person is a whole different thing? I personally would treat this as a first date with a near stranger and let him do the asking as far as a second date unless you discussed beforehand or on the date that if it went well you planned to see each other once a week (or once a month -or some regular interval).

I'm just really no good at bringing something from "friendship" to more. We never discussed what he was looking for or wanted from me. I certainly wasn't looking for anything as I was pretty sure I could never be interested in anyone again....way cynical regarding love and such. I'm usually pretty distant and I don't let people get close to me. My walls are very strong and very tall, but there was something about him that took down those walls. There's just something about this man...he's bordering on being perfect. I haven't been able to shake thoughts of him since our meeting. It scares me.

Archived