Getting back together with my ex

From the perspective you have shown me I wouldn't spend time worrying about if you two were going to get back together or anything like that anymore. She's obviously easily influenced by her parents advice and maybe some other unknown issues that are going on. I would still keep friendship with her, but also let it be known that you aren't going to spend anymore time trying to rekindle a lost love. I would focus on more important issues such as work, friends, family, and finding a new girlfriend.

You can't spend your whole life loving someone who doesn't want to be loved by you. I think you know that. The future can change things, but you can't cling to that hope. Move on my friend, and maybe if things go well you will be reunited with her because she'll truly understand how much she needs you when you are gone.

My XBF and I just got back together again after his GF had the same issue with her parents... It just go too frustrating with both of them, and he was frustrated with her lack of independance. If she's easily influenced by them, sadly, I don't think it would be wise coming between them, because you'll only look like the bad guy...

Have you spoke about this problem with her before?

.. and you're absolutely correct. You cannot compete with that kind of ...well.. competition. She comes from a super-acheiving, high-expectation family, and unfortunately, some people who come from those type of households, have a tendency to be so dependant on what they think and feel, that they forget about their OWN feelings and wants... You're best just keeping your distance for now...