I'm not sleeping!!! I feel like I'm going out of my mind!!

the most important thing i learned from a previous BU was importance of eating! no matter what, i barely had an appetite & couldn't eat for a week, i was in really bad shape after that (body went into "shock"). don't remember having a hard time sleeping though.

This BU i knew it was important to eat and exercise. i was eating & up about immediately. i really didn't care what i ate, just whatever i felt like eating, the adrenaline and exercise burned it right off.

I did have trouble sleeping though. really erratic for over 2 months, the mind just wouldn't shut off and this is after long hours @ work and working out. Tylenol PM didn't help either. It would initially knock me out, but after a couple hours, my mind was up & wide awake, stopped that after 2 nights... so i guess it's not too surprising that any meds you doctor prescribed for bronchitis (he did give prescribe you something right?) isn't helping w/ the sleep. Tylenol Pm and the like contain antihistamine as the main ingredient to help you sleep, the same for many cold medications.

only recently have i been able to get more than 4-6 hrs. of sleep. you have to find something to help you relax. be it reading, meditation techniques (deep breathing), tea, therapy, hypnosis, a massage? or a combination of all of the above.

i know it's hard to think this right now, but it will get better, just takes time...

I haven't really been eating so well, I do drink a lot of fluids, I have also cut out coffee. I just don't know anymore, I really want to sleep, but cant.

GO TO THE ER NOW!!!! THEY WILL GIVE YOU AN INJECTION SO THAT YOU CAN SLEEP.

When you are better, you can ask to talk to a counsellor there... They have some pretty good advices for you.

Archived