What does a relationship entail?

lonelyboy802

My general idea is that its friends with benefits but with an emotional attachment. You hang out with each other, talk(which you can get from any friend), and get intimate with each other. Is that really all there is to being boyfriends and girlfriends? What happens after you run out of date ideas, do you just break up find a new parter and do it all over again?

Not trying to come off as bitter about a breakup or anything, just curious.

It's sort of hard to put into words.

To me, a relationship with a significant other entails sharing your life with someone. You encourage one another to succeed, and comfort one another when you fail. You share your body, your mind, and your heart with someone, and they share theirs with you.

There's no such thing as running out of date ideas in a relationship, a good one at least. A date merely consists of spending time together doing something you both enjoy - be that seeing a film, having dinner, going on a walk, just anything.

This is just my opinion though.

You are funny=)

when i asked my boyfriend how is love different from friendship he said that he doesn't want to fall asleep and wake up looking at the faces of his friends, that he wouldn't work so hard to organise a birthday surprise for his friends. The difference is that you love, you care, you take a responsibility, you become vulnerable. it is incomparable to just friends. and don't worry, you don't break up when you run out of date ideas..

Archived