Help With Law School Admission Process

I'm currently a senior in college and applying to Law Schools come fall. I'm scheduled to take my LSAT October 9th. This is already proving to be a daunting process for me.

Currently I've done the following:

-Made a LS resume and met with a career counselor to use it for the admission process.

-Reading up on personal statements. I'm not QUITE sure what I want to say just yet.

-Studying for the LSAT. I work in a Test Prep center and I'm enrolled in an LSAT class.

-Looking at schools that I want to apply to and reading their policies/deadlines.

-Registered on the LSAC website and read some of the information. I made a "school list."

My GPA is a 3.4 and I'm an English Writing and Rhetoric Major. I wish it could be higher, but I had a lot of terrible things happen to me last year (breast tumor, tonsillitus, break-up). Perhaps I could use one of those issues in my personal statement?

I need general help/advice on Law School and tips that anyone can offer. I could also use some advice on how to study more effectively. Aside from working in the Test Prep center I also work in the Career Planning Office at my University. So, I have two jobs and I'm working full time.

-Ivory_Tower

At the point when I was applying to law school, I needed at least two professional references, so I would work on finding those persons who you would like to write their recommendations.

Personally, I think that the LSAT is more important than your GPA, and will have the greatest effect on where you will go to law school. I would study relentlessly for the LSAT because it should only be taken once (because after the first time your scores are averaged, or at least it was when I took the LSAT.) I would probably study the most approximately 2 months leading up to the LSAT but study the basic concepts now.

As for your personal statement, I would definitely talk about your experiences and how they have had a profound effect on you and their influence on your decision to pursue law school.

It sounds like you have everything else pretty much taken care of.

It sounds like you are on the right track. I worked as an admissions officer for a college in the past. I definitely agree with

Personally, I think that the LSAT is more important than your GPA,

Whenever there was a candidate who we were on the fence about, the standardized test score was used to make the admissions decision.

Thank you so much for the advice everyone!

My grades haven't been great this past semester, BUT I have very good reasons. This past year was a hellish fury for me. I got over being dumped when I had a tumor, had tonsillitus and a bad case of staph. I also had surgery to correct those problems.

I don't know how to turn all of those things into a personal statement.

Archived