What did you get your bf/gf for your one year anniversary?

angela89

I drew him a picture of a truck he really wants and I bought him a bathrobe since he was always wearing mine, lol. I also made him these little "love cards" saying things like "one steamy shower together" and little romantic things like that - wasn't really his kind of thing though.

He bought me a white gold necklace, but I really would have been happy with anything.

I did a scrapbook of the photos of our first year together. I was a little worried, but he loved it. I continued to do so for several more years and he really looked forward to them. Now that we are living together + engaged and will be married, I am so glad I took the time to capture our first years together. There were other gifts as well, little mementos or keepsakes, he often gave me jewelry, but we spent the money on creating a memory and doing something together.

If you're artistic, they sell these cards that are blank canvas on the front and you can paint a picture. I don't think we celebrated our dating anniversaries, but my husband did the card thing for me one anniversary and it was one of my favorite gifts from him.

I once did an anniversary slideshow using moviemaker and put in a bunch of photos of us and used songs with meaning to us. Moviemaker is really super easy to use. Then I got a keychain flash drive from Things Remembered and had it engraved with our initials and a couple phrases that had meaning to us and saved the slideshow on the flash drive.

One thing I've always wanted to do but haven't been able to swing yet is one of those scavenger hunts where you leave the notes/hints at various places around town. That sounds to me like it would be fun.

One thing I've always wanted to do but haven't been able to swing yet is one of those scavenger hunts where you leave the notes/hints at various places around town. That sounds to me like it would be fun.

I did something similar for my fiances birthday a few years ago.

I celebrated his 'birthday week..' and each day in the morning he received an emailed clue with a 4 line poem that gave hints of what they day had in store that kept him guessing all day till I suprised him with something. It was really fun to do and he was so excited each day leading up to his actual birthday.

Archived