I'm a total failure

First of all ... I know that I have so many blessings in life. A lovely bf, a healthy family and I'm healthy myself. and I know they're the most important things in life without a doubt. I'm just feeling miserable because we buried my bfs mother yesterday and I feel so low for him.

But I just feel so pointless and worthless at the moment. I studied for 7 years to get my qualification and qualified last year. Due to the recession I was let go from the company u worked in. There are very few jobs in my line of work at the moment and so I had to take a voluntary position and have been doing do for the past 6 months. I was very inexperienced when I qualified and main priority was to get ecperience. I was even hopeful that the better I got at my job that they might take me on as a paid employee. I was trying so so hard and trying to learn. But I found out today that my boss has decided to take on a person with more experience and pay them . I'm so gutted and I'm terrified they will now let me go from my voluntary position. I have been off work since Monday for my bfs mothers funeral And I'm dreading going in to work tomorrow. I dunno what to do anymore I suppose I just wasn't good enough

Honestly the only thing that makes someone a failure is when they stop trying and let bad attitudes like the one you are exhibiting take over. I understand that there are some bad emotions floating around you right now, but this mindset is not helping anyone. You sound like you are working hard, so you are doing the right thing, don't kick yourself just because it doesn't work out for you because you cannot control everything. If you don't get hired sometimes its just dumb luck. It is good to take responsibility for your actions, but only to the degree that it is true. Either way, a positive attitude is the way to victory, so tell yourself that you believe in yourself and be proud for the hard work that you put in no matter what.

Thanks guys. It's hard enough going yo work every morning but even harder dhen you're not paid!!! But I thought it was leading somewhere. I'm not the most confident person in the world and probably don't inspire enough confidence right now but I was really trying

Trust me I know that. I'm working for free as we speak, they rave about me here but I overheard them ask another girl if she was looking for a job. Which means they have no plans to hire me either. I'm an unpaid intern. At least I'm getting a great reference and a possible friend out of the deal, but still I would have liked to have a job offer.

Archived