Let's Practice!

Troublewithgirls

After reading through many threads, I've found that the biggest problem users face is that they are unable to carry conversations with the opposite sex. I figured, why not make a thread where we can post up our emails/IM screen names and make quick introductions so that when we do run into someone special, we aren't totally clueless on to what to say. What do you guys think about this idea?

After reading through many threads, I've found that the biggest problem users face is that they are unable to carry conversations with the opposite sex. I figured, why not make a thread where we can post up our emails/IM screen names and make quick introductions so that when we do run into someone special, we aren't totally clueless on to what to say. What do you guys think about this idea?

Well , I think you'd be practicing your skills in an online environment , where you are not put on the spot (in the same regard) to say something. Physical and emotional reception plays a big role in the vibe of a conversation , both elements that don't exist through text-based conversations. Also consider there is no context from which you can talk from if I just gave you my email. Sometimes the issue isn't that we are not putting in enough effort , it's that we are trying to hard to come up with something to say. When you run into someone in public and strike up a conversation , the point of departure is often right around you.

Archived