For people in love to answer...

thankyou

For most people, sexual and emotional intimacy are closely entwined. They cannot have one without the other and if they have sexual intimacy it's usually inevitable they'll develop emotional needs as a result.

That said, everyone has crushes and desires outside of ones own relationship. The differance is do you act on those desires or not that seperates couples/individuals.

Usually people who have open relationships don't get emotionally attached (or pretend they don't) when they have sex with someone. Otherwise it's a disaster.

Personally, no I'd never be able to do it as I'd never be able to live with myself afterwards. I know I'd get an emotional attachment to that person and I wouldn't even be ok with it if my partner felt she wouldn't.

• 2 weeks later...
right! If it is real love then, you NEVER have eyes for anyone else and you wouldnt even have any desire for relationships of any kind sexual or not with any other person. IT IS CHEATING.

The OP said that the partner is completely ok with it. How is that cheating? And for some people, sex is sex. Just because I love my partner doesn't mean that sexual attraction for other people is automatically going to turn off.

No, I wouldn't. Unfortunately it's become popular to blur the lines of love, marriage and the like so this is becoming more and more acceptable. However, when I am in love I am not looking to physically be with someone else. Those who view sex as just sex are why STD rates, broken families, confused kids, and various other serious issues are so rampant right now. This reminds me of this whole notion of open marriages, swingers, married couples with one mate being "bi-curious" and whatnot. As long as the two parties are adults they can legally do what they want but I personally believe that the concept of being in love is scared and one that involves two people only. We don't give passes to invite other parties ad hoc and if our partner is willing to we ought to question just how much they value us.

I just read a post about this, and i was wondering, for those of you in love- would you, if your girlfriend/boyfriend gave you permission to have sex with another person, and they wouldnt be hurt, even WANT to?

Had the offer once, many years ago. Hostess at a party, who was a friend of my girlfriend, complained she hadn't gotten any in too long. My girlfriend offered to loan me to her friend for the night. Her idea; I was pretty surprised by the offer. Anyway, we were turned down, so I honestly can't say what I would have done.

But most of the time, if a girlfriend made that offer, I'd wonder if it was because she wanted permission to sleep with someone else.

nope. the only slightly grey area would be if my gf wanted to have a 3 some with another girl, and even that would be uncomfortable and i'd prefer not to because it would be taking the whole monogamy thing lightly (im not saying i think monogamy is the only way of thinking but if i was in love that's all id want). the only reason id excuse this is if i didnt think my gf had feelings for the other girl and it was just some kind of sexual kink, but like i said i wouldnt want to

Archived