Dinner with an ex after one month

what were the terms of the break up? your doing or hers, whos' idea to have dinner, why so soon after the break-up? A few more details might help us out but I don't think I would go to this dinner but my break up was bad, if yours was not so bad then that's different. Why are you going to this dinner do you feel good about it? Is this an attemp to get back together? I went out with my ex for a drink(reason I won't do it again) and there was a lot of uncomfortable silences, it's probly not going to be as much fun as your wishing for but then again I don't know the terms of your situation.

I dont really think it is that bad an idea. If you think it could help in whatever you are both looking for, whether that be getting back together or remaining friends, then it should go well.

If shes your ex then just act how you normally would around her, talk about your interests and things that you would have talked about when you were first dating her.

Good luck

abcd1234

I don't know about her motivations, I think she just wants to meet for a final time before she leaves to work in China.

My motivation is to say good-bye on a high note and not look like I have sour grapes. I could also just can the whole thing and not worry about it.

I'll see how things progress from now until next Friday.

I don't think it's a bad idea, but I think that bad things can come from this. Of course that's possible with everything, however, considering that you both just broke up and possibly still have feelings for each other can have you ending up the night rather surprisingly.

You might become affectionate with her again, might desire her again, or she might do the same. I'm just saying be sure that this is what you want because this dinner can stir up some undesirable feelings between you two.

Mental list of things?

Well, this is a cut and paste from my personal journal...

Objectives:

- Paying the debt from The Producers ($100)

(She bought me tickets for the Producers, so I have to re-pay her to balance the score)

- Buying something for her birthday (Rich Dad Poor Dad book)

(It was her birthday last week)

- A short note to wish her all the best and thanking her for the relationship.

- Exchanging loose items (Simba, Jacket, Journal)

Have to do it in a simple, effective manner to end on a high note, with dignity and respect. Nothing to talk about so it’s unnecessary to sit down and talk about anything. Have to meet at a neutral point. Beyond emotional, just find definite closure in the matter.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I finally caught up with her two nights ago... what was supposed to be a brief goodbye ended up being three hours of conversation.

There were some moments there where we looked at each other and just knew that feelings were still there... other times I just wanted to be anywhere but there with her.

It's almost like I've gone back to square one, re-opening a fresh wounds.

Oh well, she's leaving next Friday to go overseas.

• 2 weeks later...

She finally left for China last night... no, I wasn't part of the good-bye committee (nor would I want to be)

I called her at home the day before to clarify some things and it ended up being a 3 hour conversation... it was probably a moment of emotional weakness but I told her that I loved her... I also found out that she was already dating someone for two weeks, I don't know what that means, makes her a fickle person.

Incidentally she was having dinner in my home area so I went and gave her a final gift as promised and wished her all the best. So I ended it on my terms, but I feel so emotionally numb by it all, almost indifferent. This being my fourth relationship, I'm just sick and tired of the same old sh!t and concentrating on more important things in my life.

That's about it, it's finally over.

Bitterbear.

It's a case of not being abel to let go...

Since she's left I've gotten myself to realise that it's time to move on with my life...

All this cliche stuff and about fate and destiny doesn't seem that bad after all and maybe it was just too young and too soon to be bound up in something that was so intense.

There's always this lingring feeling like between us we haven't finished the story yet, just a new chapter has begun.

See how things go, new things seem to pop up everyday.