The new one, the old one

Ahhh

So I was seeing someone and it didn't work out. (Ive posted about her here multiple times). Im still trying to get over her and its a been tough month. So this weekend I was at a party and this girl was there who I was friends with in college. We have alot of mutual friends and we've kinda stayed in touch throughout the years, but it was mostly a once or twice a year thing. Anyway she is single now and one thing led to another and we hooked up. I can tell she really likes me, and she's really a fun person. She's easy to get along with, we have so many of the same friends, and she's known me for a pretty long time so it would be an easy transition to start dating. However, I just cant stop thinking about the other girl. I was so attracted to her and I really wanted that to work. I put alot of effort into her and making a relationship work that was never really funcutional. Im not sure how I feel about this new girl and I dont wanna end up hurting her (kinda like what happened to me). Any ideas on what to do? She gonna be expecting me to call.

So what have you done so far?

Did you say it's only been a month since you and the first girl stopped seeing each other? It sounds to me like you need to give yourself some time. This new girl could easily become a rebound, which is not fair to her.

So what have you done so far?

Did you say it's only been a month since you and the first girl stopped seeing each other? It sounds to me like you need to give yourself some time. This new girl could easily become a rebound, which is not fair to her.

To be fair, the first girl was never my GF and it wasnt a typical "break-up". We just dated for the most part, and as much as I wanted it to be exclusive, it never got there. Mainly cause she kept holding it back for whatever reasons. Now we don't contact each other much any more, but I'm still having trouble letting it go. Im still thinking about her, wondering what she's up to, who she's with, wanting to call or text. Its starting to fade out a little, and if I met someone that I liked maybe I would be able to move on, but Im just not sure about this new girl. I decided to call her since we had tentative plans from the last time we hung out. I havn't broken down the situation to her yet but Im planning on doing it. I guess I feel like I'll be able to move on when I find someone I'd like to be with and I don't know that its her.

I have dated around "just to see" when I was still not over someone, so I really can't tell you not to do the same!

It could be beneficial for you for sure. Get to know this new girl--there are no promises in the beginning stages of dating anyway. You may decide she's not for you, or you're not over the last girl enough, or you just want to stay single. And she may decide you're not for her, she's not over someone enough, or she wants to stay single. It's ok to test the waters without knowing what's going to happen down the line.

Archived