I am clueless with this girl... mixed messages, help please?

Duckyseven

Hey there,

I'm taking a college course right now and I've known this girl for a little over 2 weeks now.

During lectures, we don't really have much opportunity to talk. I sit beside her and she shows a lot of nervous(?) body language - fixing her hair, fixing her clothes, playing with her hair, etc. I know girls regularly do a bit of this, but she does it a LOT. She ALWAYS holds eye contact though - I'm usually the one to break it after a bit.

In the beginning, she seemed really shy but I've gotten her to get a bit more comfortable + friendly. She often smiles now when we're talking, and when we do labs together we laugh quite a bit and smile a lot, etc.

Recently, I'm PRETTY sure she has started looking over at me... like taking a really quick look, then looking away. I am PRETTY sure it's at me because there's nothing else there, (no clock, whatever). She did a double take earlier last class, and then later, she glanced quickly + looked away and fixed her hair again.

A few days ago I asked if she wanted to hang out on the weekend, but she said she was a bit lazy and said she'd probably stay home and stuff. I didn't really realize I've only known her for 2 weeks, so that's not too weird I guess.

Anyway, I have NO idea what to do right now, and what to make of this situation. We don't really get a chance to hang out after school because she sometimes has to go to work, and I have another class. (Ending next week though, so that will open up some time)

Also... if I were to start actively flirting, what can I do? I am also clueless as to how to flirt as a guy.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

- DS

Whatever you're doing seems to be working so I would stick to that for the time being. The more comfortable she feels the better and eventually you'll be able to get her to go out somewhere with you. Women can be shy too, but it looks like you're on the right track so far.

Whatever you're doing seems to be working so I would stick to that for the time being. The more comfortable she feels the better and eventually you'll be able to get her to go out somewhere with you. Women can be shy too, but it looks like you're on the right track so far.

Agreed. Nervous things like that are a sign of liking, sometimes. Perhaps she's fidgety? I know that I have a problem holding eye contact with a guy I like..and I stutter a lot So, yeah..nervous is a good teller. Like he said...continue like this. Make her feel comfortable. Make your interest known without being overbearing . Ask her to hang out again in another 2 weeks.

Agreed. Nervous things like that are a sign of liking, sometimes. Perhaps she's fidgety? I know that I have a problem holding eye contact with a guy I like..and I stutter a lot So, yeah..nervous is a good teller. Like he said...continue like this. Make her feel comfortable. Make your interest known without being overbearing . Ask her to hang out again in another 2 weeks.

IGlareOften is correct with this.

I'm a shy girl and I will start to fidget a whole lot whenever I'm around a guy I like since I'm very nervous.

I will also turn down an invitation to hang just to not let the guy know I am really into him. And to make him work for it.

Thanks for the replies so far, everyone!

She just texted me, asking if I started the lab report yet. I said no, you? "me neither lol". I said we should meet up before class tomorrow to go over that stuff, no reply... lol

To be honest I'm starting to get tired of this.. maybe I'll just take a break and not do anything for a while. If she is a bit interested... do you think she will lose interest, or will this make her even more interested? (My intention isn't to play a game, I'm just tired)

Thank you for any feedback

Archived