Ultimatums are never a good friend.

myssmandyxo

I was with a guy for about 2 years and a month. He was my first boyfriend, and my first love. We had broken up once at the 1 year mark. We got back together, and everything was amazing. Till about a month before our breakup. We fought over petty stuff, and it was getting bad. I ended it. I jumped into another relationship too soon. A week after the breakup actually.. The new guys has been great to me, except hes not looking for love.. he's just looking for a companion so to say. I'm afraid of falling in love with him, and him not feeling the same. I'm a very romantic person, and am looking for a serious relationship. a few nights ago my ex called, at one point crying, about how he wanted me back, about how he regretted it all, and he deffinitly sounded sincere. I'm not going to go into details, but he broke me down badly. I've never cried so hard, and ever since then I can't stop thinking about him.. He told me that he'd do anything to have me back, but he wants me to be happy with my new boyfriend, and if things don't work out, he'll be waiting there with arms wide open.. What do I do? I still love him, miss him, and want him. The new guy is wonderful, but he seems more like a friend character to me than anything. Whata re your guys' opinion on this? what would you do if you were in my shoes.

How long have you been dating this new guy? Starting a relationship with someone so soon after a breakup is not good. You love your ex and want him back. The thing you have to think about is if you get back together will anything change? I don't know what problems you had, but you have to consider if those problems will continue and why you broke up in the first place. If it was for reasons you now consider less important, perhaps you could give him another chance. But if it was something fundamental, you need to seriously think if getting back together is a good idea. It probably is not.

This new guy doesn't sound like someone for a serious relationship. If you are looking for a serious relationship and he is not, you are not compatible. That is a very fundamental difference that just can't be worked out unless one of you is willing to change what they want in life. I doubt either you or him will. If you see a future with the new guy, you can continue to see him, but if you are too different in what you want in the future, it may be a waste of your and his time.

Archived