How to get over this?

How to get over this? I have this guy friend (I have feelings for him), and he does not have any feelings for me. I know that a girl have made a long lasting impact on him, it has been a year since he has talked to me about her, but he did not have the nerve to ask her out at that time. And just recently her name got brought up while we were talking and he told me how much they had in common with each other, how much he likes her personality and such. I do feel jealous at times that he feels that way toward her and not towards me. Just recently I noticed this girl with the same name post a comment on his facebook, and I have a suspicion that she is that girl, but I don't know her last name, and it is bothering me. I know he is just my friend, we are just close friends and nothing could happen between the two of us EVER. Sometimes I think to myself that he has already fallen in love with her and is waiting for her cuz he still hasn't given her up as his love interest.

Am I thinking too much and doing needless worrying? Should I talk to him about this or to keep it to myself and pretend that this isn't bothering me at all? At first I thought they have lost touch with each other until now. *SIGH*

Any advice?

It's normal to be jealous when the guy you like likes someone else.

You said that nothing could ever happen between you EVER. Is that because you spoke to him and this is what he told you?

You really can't act on your jealousy. He is single and is within his right to talk to girls and have crushes on people.

I wonder... are you FWB or something? That would most definitely intensify the jealousy...

I think you need to distance yourself from this guy. You say that you are ok being his friend. But are you? Are you really? Or are you just hoping he will have a change on heart.

It's hard to move on while you are hung up on someone else. I'd treat it as a very friendly breakup and go NC for just a little bit. No need to announce it or anything... just distance yourself a bit. When you have another love interest, you guys can start hanging out again. That will mean you are over it or closer to over it.

Archived