online resources to help you stay fit

Hello all,

I found this website

link removed

They also have various versions Map my run, map my hike, map my ride etc. You can register for free. Store your workout information etc. You can also look for other walks in your area that are uploaded by other members.

You can also download this mapping feature on your iphone by paying some price.

Hope you benefit from it.

Another great site (which also offers a "map my walk" option) is link removed. It also sets up a fitness & nutrition plan for you to follow, so you can reach a realistic goal (set by you). They offer workout plans, complete with instructions and/or videos. They even have a tracker for how many glasses of water you drink in a day.

And best of all, it's all FREE!

I am currently using it to manage my workouts - while following Weight Watchers to manage my diet. They work well in conjunction with each other.

link removed is great for nutrition. The last time I used it it was free, with the option to upgrade to a desktop version, instead of online.

If you aren't keeping track of how much you eat, take a guess and then track it. I had my friend do it. She figured she was eating about 1300-1400 calories... came out to 600. Most people have no clue what they eat and that's just as important as working out!

My favourite tool is my garmin watch (unfortunately, not free). However, it tracks my distance, heart rate, pace and uploads to my computer. Great tool for keeping on top of your training!

I suppose it is an "online" resource because the calendar you upload to is to an online profile. Where there is a forum etc.

My favourite tool is my garmin watch (unfortunately, not free). However, it tracks my distance, heart rate, pace and uploads to my computer. Great tool for keeping on top of your training!

I suppose it is an "online" resource because the calendar you upload to is to an online profile. Where there is a forum etc.

I've been thinking about getting one myself too after a friend of mine was raving about the GPS tracker. I at least need something with a heart rate monitor.

I might have to try this one. I was using link removed which was good with my phone too.

I tried sportypal, I don't care for it. I thought it was difficult to map my walk on sportypal. I find "map my walk" much easier to operate. Sportypal looks better than mapmywalk.

I've been thinking about getting one myself too after a friend of mine was raving about the GPS tracker. I at least need something with a heart rate monitor.

I actually bought the model without the GPS (FR60) however it has a foot pod (for distance / speed) and heart rate monitor. It's fantastic for tracking my stats while I train. Also, since it doesn't use GPS the battery lasts longer, its cheaper (about $100 cheaper), and I can use it indoors (treadmill).

Archived