USA and UK. How can I make it work? Should I?

Tel

www dot thegreatestlovestoryevertold dot com is a blog that I wrote about my online relationship with a girl in America, who I eventually met in person.

This has been a difficult story for me to tell.

it been 4 yrs in a few days since we first met. I have no closure and I am hang on to a dream

I cant seem to move on.

hi tel - welcome to enotalone. i read every single entry (it was a long read!!!!) you are a very good writer and wrote a very nice story. you're clearly a romantic guy with a lot of love to give, and you thought you met the woman of your dreams.

kelli, in a nutshell, is a trainwreck. totally irresponsible, immature, awful. no offense, i know you care about her, but i think what she did to you and her friends, taking off without a word, is just wrong and immature and irresponsible. she is in no way shape or form ready to be a wife. i don't think it is cool that she didn't get in touch with you when she knew you were coming to the US both times. when i have had friends i knew were coming from europe, i gave them my address, phone number, place of work, etc..... she just disappears.

i am sorry, but she sounds like a piece of trash. and i'm trying to be nice. you seem like a nice guy, i really think you should do some thinking about why you let yourself go through this. she was very flakey with her disappearing in and out of your life, messing with your head. i know that you really have this great notion that she is your twin flame, but really, all she did was mess with your head.

i hope you find someone who will treat you kindly.

i've done a little bit more thinking. i think in order to move on, you should seek therapy. i think you should make an appointment and talk to a psychologist or counselor.

people have told me, and i believe them, that the right person at the wrong time is still the wrong person. sure, kelli and you had a connection, but at the end of the day, has she actually done anything concretely to make the marriage and the relationship move forward? no. she just disappears. if she were serious about you, she would work 2 or 3 jobs, if necessary, to get a working phone connection that is reliable and save money for your trip or her trip to. whenever things get close, she bolts. she is not ready for a serious relationship, her response is to run. you don't need a 'runaway bride.'

the right woman won't bolt on you, and she will talk things out with you and make an effort to work on the relationship. not disappear and you have to call her family to try to get some answers. don't waste anymore time on her.

if she finally grows up, she knows how to reach you.

the right woman won't bolt on you, and she will talk things out with you and make an effort to work on the relationship. not disappear and you have to call her family to try to get some answers. don't waste anymore time on her.

if she finally grows up, she knows how to reach you.

I agree with annie and this quote. I am an american with a british girlfriend, though we did not meet online we actually met in person. The major difference is we both make it work, dont run, and are committed.

I did not read your blog yet but from annies post i think i get a general idea. I too think you need to move on from this, if your girl was interested in this relationship she would go the extra mile. At any rate she doesnt appear to want to go that extra mile.

Tel,

I read/skimmed through your website and I completely agree with Annie. Kelli seems to have never had any real regard for your feelings or real commitment to what the two of you had - she threw around a lot of big and pretty words without actually following through on the responsibility that they entail. This girl has jerked you around for years and toyed with your emotions, and I really think you need to step up and take control. As you said in one of your entries, she holds all of the cards, and you're left powerless. It's possible to change that, by ceasing contact with her and giving up on the dream that things will improve and she will commit to you. It won't be easy, but ultimately, I think it's the only way you can move on.

Archived