Save a relationship after messing up?

Forumzguy

Ask yourself if you won't do it again. Give the person lots of room to vent and understand they will need to do that and it will take time for them to trust you again, if they are willing to give you another chance. Everyone is different. Many people would say no. However, being without my man is so much worse than that inconsequential mistake. I would much rather be with him and focus on the positive, if I could. I threw him out and didn't give him a chance, which I regret now. Frankly, if I were with him again, I wouldn't give an f* if he occasionally did that while partying after so many years of marriage. I just wouldn't want to know about it. I know I'm not alone. People don't usually confess to that kind of marriage. It stays behind closed doors. More people cheat than get divorced. It all depends on the level of love and how many positives are there. How well you are treated, the fun you have. If the other person adores you, they'll be willing to give you a chance if you really love them and are sorry you hurt them.

Trust takes a long time to get back. So if you're truly remorseful and are willing to go above and beyond to fix it (and she is willing to try also), then it can work. Like sidehop said though, it will take a long time of trust and committment to make it work again.

Archived