Saw my ex after 4 months..

We haven't talked in almost 3 months I think, and I saw him and his girlfriend this weekend. They did not acknowledge me, and he didn't even look at me once from what I saw.

Tried to talk to his new gf (my ex-friend) and asked her if we could speak in private, she said NO and stomped away (she's 5 years older than me lol).

I'm feeling very disappointed that someone I shared so much with could so easily ignore me like that. It was very very hard to go through but I did it. Seeing him, I didn't really feel love. I just felt numb, until the confrontation with his gf, to which I was absolutely livid. Guess that's what you get when you try and be the bigger person? I avoided them after that.

I've taken a few steps back, but that was expected. Still got out of bed though and I'm going out.

To be honest, I was pretty confused about their reactions. I thought he would at least say hi, given the fact that he emotionally abused me and I didn't do anything to hurt him. As for her, no idea what she has against me, she was the one who dumped her boyfriend for him, so what the hell did I do?

But yeah, it was hard, it sucked and I got through it. Word of advice to everyone healing: don't see your ex too soon after the break-up unless you really have to

Good job handling that situation. Going forward you can keep your head high, while they are going to eventually realize how immature they acted and probably will be pretty embarrassed.

Obviously not a fun situation, but given that your not staying in bed crying over seeing him...I think this will just help you get over him even more.

Oh wow, that would be something to giggle about when you're with friends. Maybe your ex-friend has a tendency to be a drama queen sometimes?

As for your ex, I think he was just uncomfortable about the situation.

Great way to handle the situation, Leighton. Like hockeyboy said, just keep going forward.

Archived