attraction problems?

chakel

I went through a rough breakup a couple of months ago. As far as i'm concerned, I am over him. I saw him the other day to get my mail and for the first time in a long time I felt okay. I was always worried that if I saw him I would go back to pining for him and missing him, but it wasn't like that at all.

I have dated a couple guys since we broke up, but it never goes beyond one date. I am physically attracted to these guys and after talking with them I am attracted to their personality, but as soon as we go on a date or hang out those feelings disappear.

In previous relationships it seems like things moved really quickly and I fell for them instantly. It was kind of hard for me before because if things didn't work out I was upset. But as much as that sucked, i'd rather have that then no feelings at all towards someone. I don't know what is wrong with me

Anyone have any insight about this? Is there something wrong with me?

hey,

I don't think there's anything wrong. Maybe you just need some time to yourself right now. Even if you feel you've dealt with the recent relationship, it doesn't mean that there is any pressure to get involved with someone or jump into anything. You mentioned that in the past, you found yourself moving very quickly with others, but i think that maybe a part of you wants to be more cautious, which is not a bad thing.

Perhaps right now there's still the residue of your prior relationship still floating inside of your system. I think you should let all that digest out before you began to go on dates again. Dating should be fun, and I'm wondering if you're X'ing a lot of these dates out because your mind is jaded at the moment and you're trying to find any excuse to not be attracted to them.

Archived