I'm in a situation..... My formal dance was yesterday. i went with a bunch of girl friends. then my guy friend came up and said hi (Alex). later as we were dancing he came up and started dancing. it was weird tho cuz he usually sticks with his guy friends. then there was a slow dance. i swear he was gonna ask me.... but he didnt. then he just kept dancing with us. later my friend kathleen asked him if he liked me. he said yes. then he asked me to slow dance twice. i did. then the next day(today), my friend willy called and asked if i liked alex cuz kahtleen apparently told him i did. (could be a lie) i guess a do a little but not that much. then he said that alex never told willy that he liked me. my friend phil said at first alex did like me. then alex told him he was in the middle. then he said i was a rumor. i have no idea wat to believe. wat should i do?

i did talk to him about it. he gave me one word answers. ya. no. i was just like i heard rumors. so wat happened cuz this is wat i heard. all he said was ya. i mean i do like him just not a TON. i liked him more when everyone said he liked me. ya know? i dont wanna just ask him cuz were relaly good friends and i dont wanna make things weird if he doesnt.

How old are you? I'ma guess 12, 13? (The reason I ask is that, even though I can't see you or hear you, your typing style and the situation sounds like that. J/W)

The question that you really have to ask yourself is... do you want to go out with him? Are you willing to risk your friendship for something that might only last a couple weeks or a month, tops? If the answer is yes, ask him out. Yay! He'll probably say yes, I'd love to go out with you, you darling darling girl! (Or he might just say "Ya").

Good luck, and keep us posted as to what you end up doing!