And I am back with an update.

piticu

Hi guys.

It's been a while since I have posted but I have been lurking around here.

Things have developed a bit (but only a bit) in the last months.

We added each other on Facebook. She had some pics with a guy I think she was involved with but I could face seeing them.

A while back she sent me a text saying "I miss you" and I foolishly replied "I would like if I'd say I don't". And then nothing. As I went away to another city for the weekend I kept on thinking on the road and then I sent her a text saying: "You always seem to remember or miss me every time something happens".

She replied saying it's not true, that she always missed me. My reply was "Not enough to do something about it".

Then she replied saying "..I would not have the guts". My final answer was: "Always the first step is the hardest one".

Then I decided to leave her alone and have done so for the last 3 days. I don't plan on contacting her again, not for a while at least.

I hope she would push herself to make that first step so we can meet and see if there's still something that could bind us back.

Did I handle this right? Was there anything I could/should have said more?

Thanks for reading this.

I'm not sure if you did the right thing or if you were too harsh. Anyway, I'm in a similar situation and would like to wish you the best of luck. Let's keep posting our progress...

BTW: I think there is a thin line between pushing her away and being her doormat. It's hard to find a good balance and I feel that she is the one to make a clear move (as long as you have given her the white flag/she has nothing to fear)

Archived