OK, so after 3 months of not talking to my ex we ran into each other a few weeks ago and started talking again. We have been hanging out/talking daily for the past week and a half or so.

Of course over this time the conversation of us came up a few times and what we are doing now.

- She told me of her past relationships and how she has a fear of commitment - which is why she broke up with me before when things were getting serious.

Now when I started talking to her a few weeks ago, it wasnt with the intention of getting back together, I figured I'd hang out with her once and that would be it (She asked me to hang out). However, after the past couple of weeks it seems we both want more, which we have actually told each other, but are taking it slow.

Would yall take a second chance on someone who in the past has been afraid to commit and she told me that was her reason for the breakup?

Should I walk away now before I start getting involved and possibly hurt again or take another shot at this?

Why does it seem that ladies seem to always say the "fear of commitment" more than men?

OP, when she broke up with you and gave that as the reason why did she become distant leading up to the breakup? How long were youtogether? Did you have any contact with her in the 3 months after she broke up with you?

Why does it seem that ladies seem to always say the "fear of commitment" more than men?

OP, when she broke up with you and gave that as the reason why did she become distant leading up to the breakup? How long were youtogether? Did you have any contact with her in the 3 months after she broke up with you?

She became distant to try and slow things down. But I remember her being the one that was making long term expectations out of the relationship. It seemed that things were getting more serious in her eyes than they were in mine.

We were together about 6 months.

Went NC after I accepted that we were done. Havent seen or talked to her since then until a couple weeks ago.

Archived