Tinted moisturizer..?

I'm pretty low maintnence when it comes to make up..right now I just use covergirl naturals base and a mineral powder 'veil' on top of that..a natural looking bronzer and blush combo..mascara, eyeliner..and i'm done.

I'm basically wanting to keep the same routine but with a tinted moisturizer since I just really need something to even out my skin tone and use as a base for the bronzer/blush combo.

I've been researching the top sellers on link removed but I just don't know which to pick! I'm not too keen on spending 40$ for a 1oz tube either..but I don't want to buy anything super cheap and it looking like crap.

Any suggestions..i'm at a loss...

My old roommate used the Jergens stuff and it looked natural on her... but I've never tried it personally so I can't say. Just don't use whatever it is girls in England use... they look so orange

I think you're talking about self tanner..

what i'm talking about is like a down grade from foundation..it's not full coverage foundation..it's basically like a facial moisturizer with some color added to even out skin tone or if you want something 'lighter' than regular foundation.

Haha, no you're fine! I'm totally clueless when people start talking about brushes and stuff like that..i'm like "uhh, I just use the little brushes that come with the make up."

hahaha, yes! Me too! My makeup turns out just fine that way. I don't need to spend $50 on a freaking brush.

Back in the dark ages (ahem... I don't want to say how long ago... hehe) I was a rep for Elizabeth Arden, Estee Lauder and Lancome. Lancome made a tinted moisturizer that was FANTASTIC!!! My sis used it first, then talked me into trying it. It was very light and really felt like you were wearing nothing. I just looked on their website and it looks like they do have a couple they make now. I dunno if it's the exact same as what I tried, but I always really liked their line. Take a look:

link removed

The one I used to use was the one with the 15 SPF, but it wasn't the same one they have on the page. It's a little pricey, but it lasted forever since you didn't have to use much.

bath and body works actually makes an affordable one that works pretty well. It's called daily defense anti-oxidant tinted moisturizer, made by Patricia Wexler.

Also you can just mix a bit of lotion with the foundation you already use and it will give it a light look and feel. Or if you apply it with a dampened make-up sponge it will give you a dewy, more natural look.

I have used the Lancome, Stila, Philosophy, Perricone MD, Clarins and Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer. In essence they will all do the same job, some better than others. I think out of all the ones I mentioned Laura Mercier, Perricone MD and Lancome are the ones I'd use again. I haven't repurchased any except Laura Mercier. I wouldn't opt out for this as an every day thing, because it can build up over time. I only use mine during summer months.

I still put moisturizer + sunscreen under, for the simple fact that I choose to not apply anything tinted without a base on my skin.

My suggestion is, go to a make up counter and test a few out. See how your skin reacts to it. My sister breaks out from Laura Mercier for instance, while my best friend and I don't. Ask for some samples to take home and see if you like it.

One thing I do know is, when it comes to skin care/make up. I'd rather pay a bit more and have something that is good, suits me & and something I like, over something crap or that is just mediocre only because it's cheaper.

You can also opt out for St. Tropez Whipped Bronze Mousse which I absolutely LOVE under foundation! I've heard of people using it without foundation just with a moisturizer under and it gives them enough coverage however it can really depend on your skin tone. It's a great product and I use this under foundation, over moisturizer for that extra touch of color.

So get some samples, test, and see how you like a particular brand. What works for one person, might not work for you and such things as tinted moisturizer on face or body I found are kind of a hit and miss.

Archived