Worried, confused, thinking too much...

ACarrington

I met this older guy 6 months ago, on a site. We ended up really hitting it off and are still friends today. We see each other several times a week, talk on the phone often, go out to dinner, etc. He even took me out for a Valentine's Day early dinner (much to my surprise-- you'll realize why in paragraph 2). It has turned into a lot more than just sex. As of late I sense my feelings towards him growing stronger and deeper-- which scares me.

To preface my dilemma, we are both in the closet and bisexual. My friend has a long term live in girlfriend of many years. He also has another younger male buddy of 2 years. I knew about both of them pretty early on and it didnt bother me at first, but now I find myself asking myself questions... How can a person be sexually and emotionally involved with three people at the same time? How can you trust someone that is deceitful to others? Should I open my heart to someone like this? Is it worth being in this relationship that obviously has a clear limit on where it can go? Does he really care that much about me? Is something wrong with him for having three lovers? I do feel guilty for my involvement (obviously not enough to stop though... I realize karma may come back to haunt me some day) etc etc...

I do not want to ride off into the sun set with this man, I am not going to out myself, nor do I want a boyfriend... BUT I a deeply care about him, and it can only get deeper from here, which scares me. I dont want to get hurt. Any advice on this bizarre situation? Has anyone ever been involved in something similar or comparable?

Thank you!

Run.

No good can come of this. He is using you for sex, but you already kind of figured that out, from what I can tell.

It's not easy, once you start getting invested in someone. I know. But you need to just break it off and never look back.

You will thank yourself later.

Archived