Does anyone have any happy stories?

TelecasterMaster

I'm still single. Have been for a good year. I was talking to my mum last night and said to her that the one thing I do know is that I always meet someone who is so much better and healthier for me than the last.

I don't have a "I am living proof there is happily ever afters" story for you, but I can encourage you that you will find happiness with someone else again. A person who will make you feel even more special. However long it takes and however long it lasts I can't say, but just focus on the fact that you will feel it one day.

You will. That's the hardest part about any relationship, it's not just 'you'. It takes two people to make any successful relationship that will last. To me, the only people that can truly say they've had a successful relationship in the end are the people whose been happily married (or stayed together) until they are of old age and only death will separate them.

I met my first girlfriend while playing music at a venue I play at every week, and she lives/lived 3 blocks from it. Not only did we fall in love, but I reeled her in to going there with me every week. Just goes to show that you never know when you'll meet someone. For me, I was doing what I loved and wasn't even thinking about meeting anyone/dating. Don't force it!

Oh, and we kissed on the first date (my first kiss) at her door step like in the movies. I nearly ran back to my friends that night to give the scoop.

We broke up a month ago, but I'm on my way to being happily single again.

I think people put too much pressure on finding a love that can last.

I'm in my twenties. Is it really the end of the world if I hit 30 and have no boyfriend? No. Like easyguy says, don't force it.

My cousin was with a guy for 8 years. Moved accross the country with him and was saving up to buy a house with him, (they rented a house together for about 5 years), and then a couple of days after her birthday he broke up with her because he wasn't ready for commitment..... Yeah, ok, she's 28 and he's 31 and they've been together since 2002, and he realized this in 2009?!?!?!

I met him last month after I visited her. He's still paying half her rent (but not living with her) until she can find a flat mate to share the bills. He felt the need to tell me why the relationship ended, so that he doesn't look like the bad guy, and gave me the commitment speech. I told him to cut the crap and told him he's not good enough for her and to set up a direct debit rather than come round again. He's a loser, it's obvious to me he has been cheating on her. But I digress....

Anyway, she can't stop talking about him and crying over him, which I get, she's devastated, but as I pointed out to her she's only 28, gorgeous and has only had one boyfriend in her life - she needs to play the field and embrace single life.

Life's too short to waste worrying about what you don't have.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived