I need ideas on how to propose to my wonderful boyfriend!

My boyfriend and I are a long-distance couple. We have been together for two years, and have discussed marriage many times. He flys down once a year on my birthday to see me. Considering we are long-distance (I'm in Texas, he is in New York), I would love to make this as special as possible! If you have any comments, suggestions, and ideas, then please, give me you're two cents! Thank you so much..

Melyssa

well, what can i say. i've never proposed so i've not got much experience in it but all i can say is, every relationship has its own unique property, something u share with that person that u dont with any1 else. So i would say, try 2 base it around something you have talked about, done 2gether or dreamed about 2gether. make it unique, make it something only you can think of. knock his socks off and good luck

wow proposing is a huge step but a good one. i dont know much about proposing, but i was told that it's all about the mood. so either go and see him in new york or have him come down to texas and then ask him. but make it the best night ever. go out with the biggest bang that you can. so that you both will remember that night forever. i think thats all i can say about this, and i hope that your dream becomes the reality that you want. take care and tell us the plan or how it goes. later.

• 1 month later...

So, I was veiwing to see what ideas you had..so far most have said..well, I don't know , bla bla bla...well he comes to you right? first, you have to ask yourself some questions..has he discussed it with you, have ya'll looked at rings? those type of things...is yes is the answer..the you should go to him...hmmm...you should think about how to get him to go to the top of the empire state building, to the observation deck, with out you being there..figure out a way to have him go by himself...and low and behold, you are in new york, on the building when he gets up there..like sleepless in seattle...and you propose to him...or...go to NY...rent one of those airplane banner things..go to the empier state building and have the plane fly by with the banner and your proposal, and ya'll just happen to see it...have one of the news networks flash it on their ticker outside their studio..I wish I had it as easy as you...GOOD LUCK!!!! I AM EXCITED FOR YOU, and if you can think of any ideas for me to propose to my girl when she gets back from Kuwait (we live in Atlanta) let me know!!!sgt_usmc-ARFF@