How do I do this?

PeaceIsWithin

Recently I called this girl I thought was really cool at our first chance meeting through a friend so I asked her if she wanted to check out a concert. When I got to her place to meet her, she still had to get ready a little and I met her roommate, we talked for a little bit and ever since I can't get the roommate out of my head. She seems like exactly the kind of girl I'm looking for, and her personality is golden and genuine.....BUT. She is kind of seeing another guy(I'm not sure if it's a serious thing) and I don't know how to go about anything considering I was originally hanging out with the other girl. They also happen to be really good friends, which complicates matters further. I haven't had this strong of a feeling for a girl probably ever. I can't just let this girl pass me by, but the situation is horrible. I want to be honest, but even that might mean that's it. There are so many ways to screw everything up. How the hell do I navigate this maze? I want nothing more than to sweep this girl(the roommate) off her feet. I think we'd be perfect for each other.

Doesn't sound like the best situation unless you want to be in the biggest mess you've ever seen.

The only way out of it is if the girl you originally wanted to take out wasn't feeling all the compatible with YOU either...and was fine with you asking out the roommate.

I think the "golden personality" may just be your hormones.

And all that can make the original date feel absolutely horrible.

I don't think the roommate would think that is all that attractive in a guy at all. She might want to run (if she's emotionally healthy anyway). She might be afraid you'd do the same to her....and usually these sorts of freindships don't end up being all that breakable bc you happened to feel an attraction to the other girl.

I would look elsewhere...really.

Well my parents ended up together for 34 years before he passed, but my dad dated her friend first they weren't a match, even hung out as friends when I was a kid. I'm not positive how the story goes, but I think she broke up with him and gave the okay for them to go out.

My mom and him hit it off she said when she first met him she said he was really cute and he blushed. I'm not one to say ignore the feelings because it can work out. You just have to tread carefully. If it's meant to be it'll work out.

She is kind of seeing another guy(I'm not sure if it's a serious thing) and I don't know how to go about anything considering I was originally hanging out with the other girl.

First you find out her true relationship status and break up with the girl you're seeing yes be honest.

They also happen to be really good friends, which complicates matters further.

Not sure how to navigate this aspect. I'd be po'd if my friend dated my ex so prepare yourself for backlash.

I haven't had this strong of a feeling for a girl probably ever. I can't just let this girl pass me by, but the situation is horrible. I want to be honest, but even that might mean that's it.
IMO it does mean that's it with the one girl, you have to put yourself out there and get the girl your interested in.

Archived