how to smile more

i miss her 2

Yeah, so my friends just told me that I'm the best looking guy in our group but I am unapproachable because I don't smile enough. I "scowl" more than anything. How am I suppose to smile more? I don't know why I don't to be honest. Apparently I have everything going for me but I have a hard time letting people in/ socializing. I know that I could probably get a girlfriend, have more friends, but instead I stay at home by myself. I want to change. I really do..I just don't know how.

I have this exact same problem.

I think it stems from not being happy to be honest.

My ex said i always looked sad or serious.

Not a good icebreaker! I genuinely don't think ther.e's anything you can do if you're not happy. I once found some exercises on the net to improve your smile, but a true smile comes from the eyes, not the mouth

This is funny, I think I've got a really smile becoz im not confident with my teeth.. so I end up not smiling and people tell me that they thought I was aloof and cold etc.

But last week in Indonesia, I don't know why but the atmosphere of the place made me smile a lot and not care about my teeth or whatever, and I had guys coming to me telling me that I have a sweet face, and someone told me that she liked me from the first moment she saw me, and I had more people telling me that im beautiful.

i dont know if it's the culture of the place that they like to tell people this or not...

but i know that smiling makes a difference.

though now that im back to my busy life and i cant smile again.

This is funny, I think I've got a really smile becoz im not confident with my teeth.. so I end up not smiling and people tell me that they thought I was aloof and cold etc.

But last week in Indonesia, I don't know why but the atmosphere of the place made me smile a lot and not care about my teeth or whatever, and I had guys coming to me telling me that I have a sweet face, and someone told me that she liked me from the first moment she saw me, and I had more people telling me that im beautiful.

i dont know if it's the culture of the place that they like to tell people this or not...

but i know that smiling makes a difference.

though now that im back to my busy life and i cant smile again.

trust me its cuz u smiled. being comfortable in your own skin is what sexy really is. as soon as u accepted yourself, so did others! but i know its impossible to do when ur back home, i dont know why but i feel the same too.

NO.

If you don't like to smile then don't.

I get women and I HATE smiling. I only do it when I laugh/tease.

Let those who TRULY like you come to you. They'll be willing to "break through your wall". It's a filter! Think... why would you want to pretend smile? That's just fake.

NO.

Let those who TRULY like you come to you. They'll be willing to "break through your wall". It's a filter! Think... why would you want to pretend smile? That's just fake.

i dont think its in his nature not to smile...maybe hes just uncomfortable about something like the girl above

i dont think its in his nature not to smile...maybe hes just uncomfortable about something like the girl above

Ah thanks for pointing that out. I did not realize I made that assumption.

I'm simply saying that if it dosen't feel natural he shouldn't do it. I'd say if you want to learn how to smile more, practice in the mirror. I used to do that (because people said I should smile more because I'm unapproachable... but people say a lot of things... so I never care lol) but I realize I'm not the "smiley" type. I'm the strong silent brave type who only talks when it doesn't involve small talk (which is not to make this about me now lol) which is why I enjoy enotalone

NO.

Ball.

Women don't respond to guys who are unhappy and miserable and don't smile.

Me I was happy but now I'm feeling unhappy because ironically I'm struggling to smile lol so one is feeding off the other. And its also because I'm feeling insecure in myself and I don't know how to fix it. Its so damn frustrating because I'm too damn aware of it!! Ahh

I really need a kind lady to sort me out and I'll be back on form!!

Funny thing is tho when I'm with a girl I'm 100% positive so its not like there's any damn issue!! Its just the initial impression women get ain't giving me an in!!!

That said when I got my sexy smile on and am teasing girls they just melt in my company.

But yeah if you don't smile you're in trouble big time!!!

Funny. I have many girls and I don't smile.

No need to make the assupmtion that because you don't smile your not happy. I'm happier than most people I know... well all peopel I know honestly.

It's more about how you project yourself. It is possible to project positive energy without a smile. I am just resolute and always sure of myself. This makes me a strong person and people just gravitate towards me because I have such an optimistc view on life. Actions and words work better for me I suppose. To each their own.

No need to make the assupmtion that because you don't smile your not happy. I'm happier than most people I know... well all peopel I know honestly.

It's more about how you project yourself. It is possible to project positive energy without a smile. I am just resolute and always sure of myself. This makes me a strong person and people just gravitate towards me because I have such an optimistc view on life. Actions and words work better for me I suppose. To each their own.

o rly

• 2 months later...

Mate if you don't smile then I don't see it. Trust.

If you can't even pull off a sexy smile with the ladies I really don't believe it. Sorry women respond to guys who smile especially guys with a sexi ass smile. I know.

Walking around not smiling women do not respond at all. More than likely they'll be creeped out by you. Also what it says about the person is that they're defensive and not good energy with people.

I've met folks who don't smile and you know what you just don't wanna be around them - harsh as it that's it.

That said you may have a point as I recall flat sharing with this seriously miserable non smiling * * * * * and he had a reasonable looking girlfriend which in retrospect shocked me lol.

Archived