why do people play games?

Well, I suppose a lot of it is considered flirtation, in a sense. The "hard to get" game, the "I'm not available" game, the "call me" game....all ploys to make the interested party more interested.

If it's mindgames you're talking about, then that's just a powerplay, and has been asked many times. It's an ego trip for some, a way to boost insecurity for others, you name it. Not very nice, but effective in most cases, or it wouldn't be so popular, unfortunately.

Mar

hey the reason why i dont really know..i think it might be b/c one feels envious to the other..they want to be in control n a lot of the game is so they dont wind up gettin hurt a 2nd time around..

right now ide really like to knwo the reason..my ex calls me n we hang out well one time we dont do nething but hangout n the next time around hes trying to make out with me..i dont understand the whole art of mindgames..but when u find out lemme kno aii

I can't give you a reason why people play games, but I've definitely played games before in relationships. I'll give you an example with my last relationship. My soon to be g/f at the time was dating this other guy, well once I found that out, whenever he was at work, I'd hang out with her and spend time with her to show her that I cared, I ended up forcing their break up and so she fell in love with me, I think I liked the challenge and being able to feel the power of taking her away from another guy. I think it was the chase to me that was exciting. Do I feel bad for my actions? Not really as I've been hurt before in the past and I just didn't see nothing wrong with my actions. The funny part is I broke up with her in the end, because I felt like we were only using each other for sex. I think I get bored with relationships easily and thats the reason why I do this cause its exciting and fun, I don't think about the other people I could be hurting.

Theo

• 2 weeks later...