He broke my trust, he swore he wouldn't :(

missmars22

I was "seeing/dating" this older guy for a while now. I put seeing/dating in quotes because it was never made official and we were only intimate one time but we talked/saw each other practically every day and knew that we weren't seeing anyone else.

He knew my past, he knew how i was hurt before, he knew i was insecure because prior to the intimacy we were very good friends.

Now he flipped because again i was so paranoid, untrusting and looking over my shoulder and he told me he doesn't see how this could work because we are so different personalities.

It kind of hurts, not like my first love or anything but i'm really disapointed then i find out he told one of our friends (we agreed no one would know about us as it was best for our careers)

i feel like i just got smacked accross the face, he betrayed my trust and made it obvious that we were together. I haven't spoken to him since and i dont know what to do. Do i have a right to be upset?

i miss my ex even though i know he is no good for me and i haven't been out ot find anyone new. this feels hopeless.

Men will promise anything and assure you whatever you want in the beginning of the relationship. because...

1. they want to make you happy.

2. they want you to trust them.

3. they can't predict the future.

4. they have motives. (not all of them, not always bad, but the have motives)

My ex said to me over and over and over "I could never hurt you" "I will never hurt you" and he hurt me more than anyone ever has in my life. Did he do it on purpose? No. Did he think he was going to? no. do I resent him for it? Still of course, yes but thats just the remnants of being hurt.

No human can be expected to make promises in regards to the future, I think. or at least 99.99% of people.

Archived