Someone who seeks to be better than me??? yes or no?

Hello everyone. I don't want to seem angsty here, so I'll try to make this really clear. I have this friend, right? Well, we've been friends since the 8th grade. We've had some classes together, and we're both on honor roll. Now we're in 10th grade. Things have changed. I'm like her realllly reallly good friend. I guess u can say, I'm her best friend. However, when it comes to school and sports, she's SOOOO competitive with me. For example, we were running the 800m for "fun" the other day. I got a 3:04, my best time. She got like a 3:12 right? Ever since track started we've gotten almost the same times. Well, anyways, afterwards she seemed really pissed and distant with me. Like I was like "yay! Go ___!" And I hugged her and my other friend, congratulating them on a PR. Then, I dunno. It was really weird. U'd have to see it for urself. Then she's like "I'm running it AGAIN on Friday." (we ran it on a tuesday..or wed.) One time, in cross country, I hurt myself, so I was "done" for the season. She's like "awwe you're not running anymore! that means I can get a better time than you!!" My other friend and I were like "ummmm...okay."

ANOTHER EXAMPLE: In school, she's so competive with me. She's always asking what I get on tests and quizzes. I don't want to tell anyone my grades, whether they are good or not, coz I'm just not like that. If I say, "I did good" or "I did okay," she'll ask "what percent did you get?" I'm like "uhhh....a good one?" does it matter? NO. Anyways, then one time she accompanied me to my locker. We were going home, and then she asks "why are you taking your chemistry stuff home?" I say, "I'm just gonna." And then after I'm done, she goes, "Oh I'm going to take mine home too." And she's never really open to any of my ideas. For example, we had an English video project. No one was the director, coz WE (as in our group) thought it was a lil "ehhh" if one of us was the director. Anyways, she basically took control of it. We were writing the script, and I told her an idea that I had. Then she goes, "OH! I know!..." And she basically repeats what I said. I'm like "um that's what I just said." And she says, "Oh. Well I have to say it in my own words so I can understand it." I'm like "um okay." I also had some great ideas on shots and acting for everyone, but when I said it, she goes "NO, ....bla bla bla." She basically repeats what I say! I'm like "omg! that's what i just said"(thinking to myself). well, that is my EXTREMELY LONG STORY. Please tell me what I should do. I hope I didn't sound paranoid or anything.

Sometimes what someone else has achieved reminds one to push themselves a little harder.

It does sound like she's a bit over-doing it, the way you describe it. As a best friend, you could talk to her about it or wait and see if this is just a phase of some kind. It might help if you compliment her and tell her the ways that you admire her. Doing this is nice for a friend anyway, but it might make her feel less inferior to you and help her to stop going out of her way to prove to herself that she is as good as you are.