He's going to commit suicide over her

Hello,

I usually don't solicit help like this, but this is a really grave situation and I don't know what to do. A female friend of mine has recently ended a 7 year relationship with her boyfriend. He cheated on her time after time, and he told her each time that it wouldn't happen again. She is an angel and believed him, but fortunately she realized that this wasn't a healthy relationship. Now the ex-boyfriend all of a sudden decides he can't live without her. He continually calls and visits her asking for her to go back to him. She tells him there's no chance of that happening. Later, she finds out that he wanders the streets completely intoxicated, and has already attempted a suicide. Thus the problem is, he does not leave her alone, and it is very probably that he will commit suicide. She has no idea how to handle the situation, and though I wish I could help her, I am clueless as well. Please, any help/advice you have will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

All I can say is talk to professionals. I, for one, really don't want to advise you because I'm afraid whatever I say may have unforeseen consequences, so my only advice is to contact someone who knows how to deal with these circumstances, namely a professional counselor. This is a hard situation, so good luck!

Suicide definitely needs to be handled by a professional. Here in Florida a person is commited to a psych ward for having suicidal thoughts. Maybe someone can have him picked up for an involuntary admission. It really is not her problem anymore but his friends or family need to be alerted and take action not her. I had an ex threaten suicide when I was very young and my mom called his mother and said this is your problem now. She really cannot be involved actually for his sake and the mixed messages that could result.

I was in a two year relationship, I took her forgranted for many things. After she initially tried to break up with me I took a bunch of pills and ended up in the hospital. She was there for me the whole time. We went to therapy and were back together for about another year. After the same problems kept coming back up I eventually decided to end it. It is very hard knowing that she was there for me like that. But I am ashamed of what I have done and put her through. The guilt is the hardest thing to deal with after all that has come about. I am thankful for her being there for me, and I know in my heart despite our problems she's thankful for me being there for her as well. I guess thats all I have to go on at this point, and remember the good times as well as the bad.

In a nutshell, dont do it, it will shame you, your family and no one is worth your own life.