Work Load

Rezist

I have an issue at work. Lately I haven't had enough work load so I feel guilty about coming to work and charging hours so I tend to take a day off here and there till it builds up again and I can work for the full day. But my employer doesn't like me taking the time off since there can be issues that come up where they need me work on jobs/items right away which no one else can really do.

I haven't mentioned I need more work yet since whenever I do that they swamp me with 50 jobs that need to be done tomorrow which I can't realistically pull off, and leave everyone that game me the work feeling pretty pissy about it.

Another big reason I haven't asked for more work is that these jobs range from 3 months to a year from design till end of construction. I'm planning when the work market recovers to look for a new job I don't want to be involved on too many projects which I'll just later abandon and screw over the project leads. I do like the job but unfortunately it doesn't get me the training I require to advance my career and ultimately get paid more.

I'm also a little uncomfortable with the amount responsibility I have and how very little of what I do is ever reviewed.

Alberta, but I dare not complain they've already laid off three people in 6 months and for a company of 25 that is alot. I'm basically doing engineering work yet I'm not an engineer, but I went to a technical school which basically gave me all the training an engineer in this field would need.

Alberta is pretty rough right now, in the paper there use be on average 50ish jobs a week, now there's like 15. None of which pay anywhere near what I would like to make.

Archived