want to be more than friends

hey i'm an 18 year old girl (using my bro's screenname) anyway there's this guy who i've known practically all my life and we're friends but not super close. i know he's a great guy and we have a lot in common. he's quiet and i don't know if he likes me but i really like him, and want to be more than friends. should i ask him out and if so, how? i don't want to scare him off if he really wants to just be friends. any advice on this would be appreciated. thanks!

~~julie~~

Hi Julie

You have to ask yourself one question - do you want to jeapordise the friendship over something which may or may not work?

You seem to like him quite a lot but if you are unsure of his feelings then maybe you could get somebody to find out for you (subtely of course), if he feels the same way then by all means go for it.

But, if he only wants to be friends then i suggest that you don't try to get into a close relationship with him, it could spoil the friendship that you already have.

You say that you have known him for a very long time, are you able to judge how he would react to you asking him out?

Having a lot in common is great in a relationship, it gives you a lot to talk about and you will always be able to talk to him. It does sound like you would make a good couple!

I hope this is of help to you.

abcd1234