Day planning

mfan

Hi everyone,

I wonder if you can help me learn how typical days out are for social people. The problem is, I have very little idea how to plan a day in the city with someone. For my whole life, whenever I am with anyone, they always do all the suggesting of where we go and I just say okay or ask them to suggest something else. This becomes a problem when I'm with someone really quiet, and suddenly I have to do all the suggesting, and I'm totally stuck for ideas!

It would help if I had an idea of what a "typical" day in a city looks like. Can you describe some full days that you've recently spent? For example,

2:00, meet in the park, walk around

3:00, have late lunch

4:30 see a movie

6:30 go to a coffee shop

7:30 go to ____ neighborhood and explore a bit

9:00 have wine in a wine bar

10:00 go to some reading or event

11:30 go back home.

Any examples like this would help me a lot. I am not used to having such a thing in mind, but it'll help me when I'm with someone who doesn't contribute (like I tend not to). Knowing that what I suggest is more or less typical will make me feel a LOT more secure and confident, and as you know, a confident suggestion from a friend is more attractive than a tentative one.

Thanks very much, -mfan

Ill look at this a different way.

Late lunch 5-10 dollars per person.

Movie 10 dollars per person.

Coffee shop 5 dollars per person.

Wine 5-10 dollars per person.

Misc prices gas ect. 10 dollars per person.

so we have like 45 dollars per person or 90 dollars all together. Elapsing a full days time.

What else could you do with 90 dollars that would be fun and take up a whole day?

So kind of answering a question with a question.

Hi everyone,

For my whole life, whenever I am with anyone, they always do all the suggesting of where we go and I just say okay or ask them to suggest something else. This becomes a problem when I'm with someone really quiet, and suddenly I have to do all the suggesting, and I'm totally stuck for ideas!

Why not suggest all the things others have suggested to you in the past?

Go to a local entertainment website and see what sort of things you can do in your local vicinity. Maybe go bowling or somewhere where you can participate in something.

I rarely meet anyone I am interested in. The last couple of times I've met someone I liked, I met them in the city centre and walked around the shops and then gone for a drink. Nothing too extravagant.

How well do you know the other person? 2pm until 11.30pm sounds like quite a long time. Last couple of times I've met someone they were mostly just afternoon meetings, or I left around 7pm. If you are both quiet I think being together from 2pm until 11.30pm might be a bit much all in one go, if you don't know each other so well. Maybe it'd be better to just arrange shorter dates initially.

Archived