Inquirer89

Ha! So..I'm sitting on my roommates bed watching TV with her..out of the blue..my boyfriend who I thought just vanished without a trace to never ever hear from him again..texts me..asking what's up and how I am and apologizing for his lack of contact in the space of about 3 weeks. For those of you who don't know..I previously posted on here about my boyfriend who is an active duty marine..who out of the blue just didn't contact me..and this time frame lasted since around Sept. 2 or 3 and just today got back in contact with me. I had thought he just up and lost interest and pulled the disappearing act with me.

Anyways.. his excuse was pretty crappy granted it could be true but doubtful. I like how some men don't really think before they act or make dumb mistakes or stunts. I basically told him after he texted me that I was going to write him off and move on because of what he had done..He apologized vehemently for doing it. I went on telling him that this changes things. That I was disappointed that not only did he not tell me he had left for Cali for training but that he also didn't get in contact with me for 3 weeks. He then apologized for that and didn't mean to leave me hanging. He's basically on probation and he's going to have prove me wrong that I think he's playing games with me, and he's not off the hook just because he apologized. He asked what he could do to get off the hook..I told him that he's going to have to be on his best behavior from now on, spoil me next time he comes to see me on my own terms and show that he truly wants me and wants to keep me or he will lose me. He expressed twice how he doesn't want to lose me and he understands where I'm coming from. We talked about the situation for about an hour maybe longer about what I want out of this after this very stupid mistake and that I want him to call me more often and that we'll see how things go and once he's off the hook, I'd let him know.

So that's basically what happened. Whether he's telling the truth or not we'll see. He knows that I'm going to be more cautious now so he better shape up or ship out. I won't go out and date other men behind his back but I'll keep my wits about me and observe the different kind of men that are out there and determine whether or not to bail on a relationship that could either sink or swim at this point, all up to him. I could easily find somebody else should I find more reason to just dump him. I'm not entirely attached to him right now due to not letting myself get carried away in the beginning and give all my heart and soul out right away. I enjoy his company when we're together, and I have a great time with him. So I'm going to enjoy the time I spend with him and have fun yet take a step back and watch his every move. If he doesn't prove me wrong, I'm gone.

Archived