Which is an easier path?

Dougie_D

i don't do theatre. That's what I don't like. I specificly just want to be in film and t.v. I don't want to be the main character. Just that guy in the crowd that has one or two lines. I failed acting in college because I didn't really care about learning the lines...I wasn't getting paid for it!...but when we had to do a mandatory audition, I was runner up for a part. I had never acted or did anything like that, but the other guy had acted for years.

i don't do theatre. That's what I don't like. I specificly just want to be in film and t.v. I don't want to be the main character. Just that guy in the crowd that has one or two lines. I failed acting in college because I didn't really care about learning the lines...I wasn't getting paid for it!...but when we had to do a mandatory audition, I was runner up for a part. I had never acted or did anything like that, but the other guy had acted for years.

It doesn't work like that. That's like me saying- oh, I don't want to be a worker in the company and gain experence, I want to immediately be president of the company. It is incredibly competitive to get paid work as an actor, even if it is only a few lines.

You are basically saying you have zero acting experience and failed acting in college, but you want to get paid to do it. It's not going to happen that way, sorry.

then how do you get an acting role? You have to try out? Where can I try out? So what your saying is, an agency won't pick me up because I have no experience? I've heard of people being in movies before and I have never acted before. I'm just looking for some casting calls...but sometimes you have to have an agency.

then how do you get an acting role? You have to try out? Where can I try out? So what your saying is, an agency won't pick me up because I have no experience? I've heard of people being in movies before and I have never acted before. I'm just looking for some casting calls...but sometimes you have to have an agency.

Again, you have not acted, so that is what yo need to change. In order to work your way up to a paid role, start with community theatre. Audition for the fall or winter play.

Archived