still missing him 6 months after break up!?

First boyfriend - first everything - he broke up with me after 4 YEARS 6 months ago.

I am NOT SUFFERING anymore and I stopped thinking about him/the reasons and so on but sometimes I still miss him. Sometimes he just pops into my mind and I feel the loss.... No more analyzing - just the thought of him - like a picture in my mind.

How long does it take till that feeling of loss and missing him will stop for good.

It's been a year and a half since mine. Don't start talking again, I was pretty much reset by her after 5 months of NC we started talking again and she told me she missed me and still loved me only to have all of those feelings disappear in an instant as soon as she met someone else 7 months later. I guess it was fair she spent a year hanging over me before she started seeing her new guy and wanted to stop talking again. I still miss her.

i think what you are describing is normal. you can't just wipe out memories, especially not with someone you've been with for a long time. this isn't like the movie, "eternal sunshine of the spotless mind." just be thankful for the good times, and focus on moving on. hang in there!

Archived