This time of year sucks...

aldridal

So, it's about one year ago this time that my ex cheated on me. I want to start off by saying, I don't miss her. With that being said, the combination of that, school starting up again this week, and my girlfriend returning from her home state (we were LDR over the summer), a flood of that good 'ole anxiety has come rushing back.

It's weird, because what really set it off was the change of weather conditions. It feels like fall outside, and I guess just those fall-like smells, the cool night air, etc... have just brought back all of those emotions full force.

I want to do things differently this time. Instead of me leaning on my girlfriend for support, I'd like to be able to support myself. Women like stability, and she has enough going on in her life than to deal with a temporarily bugged out boyfriend.

So, for those of you who have dealt with anxiety over the years, what do you do to help it? I'm already planning on working out more, working more hours, focusing on my studies, and getting involved in my clubs/organizations. But when that wave of intolerable anxiety comes along, and the only thing you can do is pace around like a crazy person, what can you do to help that?

Anyways, I put this in the relationship forum, because any suggestions on how to keep these anxiety issues separate from my relationship would be great. This anxiety seems to be only temporary, so there's no need to bring any unnecessary problems here.

Not saying this is the best thing to do, but have you considered medication for anxiety? I have been on Lexapro for about 6 months now, and I can't tell you how good I feel. I also hit the gym big time, for a couple hours a day or more. Anything I could do to take up the time I would have spent pondering the situation. Best of luck to you, hope things work out!

Archived