I had been dating this guy for 2 and a half years. He was my first love. He broke up with me about 6 months ago, saying he wanted to be single in college. I took it very badly. In January I started spending more time with this other guy. He is absolutely wonderful and we get along so well. I love spending time with him. He wanted to start dating but I told him I wanted to take things slow, which he respected and understood. After about 2 months I felt that I was ready to start dating him. I liked him too much to just be friends. We've been together for 2 months and things are great and I'm very happy. I don't think about my ex much anymore. However, the other day I found out that he is seeing someone else and it kind of bothered me. I don't understand why. I'm happy with my new boyfriend so why should that bother me? Is this normal? Thank you.

Everyone will be upset if their ex is seeing other people. Especially if you spent alot of time with that person and you were really close. What your subconscious is thinking is, "What does she have that I don't". Because in the back of your head you are thinking that maybe if I had what she has then we'd still be together. This is completely normal. What you need to realize now is that he is your ex, which by the definition means he was once your boyfriend, which means that you saw qualities in him that made you attracted to him. Now that he is gone, you can still think of those qualities and for all intensive purposes you still have feelings for him. That is why it hurts, that is why you feel the way you do.