Should I quit?

Hi all,

Currently I am working at a company as a telemarketer. I have to say the job is god-awful but I'm doing it while I'm in school obtaining my Bachelor's. The things I do like about the job is that the atmosphere is relaxed, it's right next door to where I live, and it's ridiculously easy.

However, it is extremely boring, I dread going in every morning, I get excited for my one hour lunch break and count down until 5 pm. I get hung up on sometimes, no one at work talks to me, the sales people are rude to me. My boss is so hung up on herself and fashion. Everyday she checks out my outfits. The marketing manager that works under her is like her best bud. They gossip and always compliment each other's clothes. I also feel like this job is insulting to my skills and intelligence. Also, when I interviewed for this job, I was told I would get $100 for appointments set, and $300 for any sale of the product that comes from the appointment. That was a crock of poo. It took 3 months for me to get paid commission; but it turned out to be $25 per appt. and $50 for any sale. I have actively started sending out my resume. Should I stick it out to pay bills while I'm in school or leave?

Every morning I just want to cry myself to sleep, I hate it so much. My boss sits in the cubicle next to me so she hears me on the phone. She will always make comments like "oh did they hang up on you?" or "Oh they sounded rude." It's so annoying. The CEO doesn't even look at me or say hi in passing. I feel like a peon. I want to cry myself to sleep every morning I wake up, haha.

I currently make 16.83 an hour. I would like to make more, but I will not take any less. I am in correspondance with a temp agency I used to temp with and they have a position at a local company that will pay more and it entails more responsibility. I had great luck with the temp. agency in the past. The agency is coordinating an interview for me with the company right now and I am waiting to hear back. I have sent my resume to about 10 places today. I hope it pans out, as I feel I am very qualified.

Damn, not to be a nay sayer, but 16 dollars ontop of commission? Id kill for a job like that, i know job satisfaction is really important though, infact more important to me than pay, as i see also with you.

I'm with you. That type of position will not be easy to duplicate. If yo dont have one set up get one before you quit.

Archived