Girls, what pill is the best?

audrey

I just wonder what pill is the best to avoid getting pregnan, i always said i won't use any pill cu'z many say they will get you fat, change your mood and hormon funtions, and that sounds very scary Now i know there are some that don't cause all those symphonts but i don't have any clue which or their names are, maybe someone here could help me with some suggestions, the best pill that really works

Thanks!

I just wonder what pill is the best to avoid getting pregnan, i always said i won't use any pill cu'z many say they will get you fat, change your mood and hormon funtions, and that sounds very scary Now i know there are some that don't cause all those symphonts but i don't have any clue which or their names are, maybe someone here could help me with some suggestions, the best pill that really works

Thanks!

They all kind of "work".

My mum is a gynaecologist & to the best of my knowledge, Yasmin is the best, and it has the least side effects. It has no effect on weight, that's basically its main marketing strategy.

But it's a really expensive pill.

They all kind of "work".

My mum is a gynaecologist & to the best of my knowledge, Yasmin is the best, and it has the least side effects. It has no effect on weight, that's basically its main marketing strategy.

But it's a really expensive pill.

Great,Thanks a lot hope it isn't very very expensive, a baby would be more i believe, lol. Do you know about Ortho Evra patch?

Great,Thanks a lot hope it isn't very very expensive, a baby would be more i believe, lol. Do you know about Ortho Evra patch?

A baby would be much more expensive I believe lol. I'm not sure about how Yasmin would be priced where you live, basic health care is free in Australia, but since Yasmin is expensive you can't get it for free.

Most women who use patches report really irregular periods and spotting between periods. They have a lot of negative side effects & the side effects occur in about 10% of users. That's a pretty large statistic.

The pill is just so much simpler.

& Remember, whatever you choose, use condoms every time. The pill or patch won't protect from STDs.

Ok Ay0 thank you, sure, condom is basic I'll see a gynaecologist cu'z i know they will see what pill is best for you, i've just read about Yasmin and it looks the best so far, also that you can't take it if you have some illness, so it will be the best to get check by a doctor first.

Oh, btw, just another question i really wanna know now, how many days i have to wait to have sex after the first pill?

Ok Ay0 thank you, sure, condom is basic I'll see a gynaecologist cu'z i know they will see what pill is best for you, i've just read about Yasmin and it looks the best so far, also that you can't take it if you have some illness, so it will be the best to get check by a doctor first.

Oh, btw, just another question i really wanna know now, how many days i have to wait to have sex after the first pill?

It depends when you start taking it.

You should ideally start when you are on your period. If you take it on the first day of your period, it works straight away. If you take it on the last day, it'll take 2 weeks to work.

Any other point in time, you should wait atleast one month before having unprotected sex.

I would actually wait one month either way just to be sure.

Shouldn't be a problem if you use condoms.

I think its hard to recommend one, because they all 'work' and react differently with each person.

I was on three different types of pills over the course of 7 years.

One several of my friends were on as well, but they never experienced side effects like I was experiencing, even though they recommended it.

I stopped the pill because it killed my sex drive, while others have no issues with sex drive while on the pill.

Its trial and error, and starting with one and giving it a try, and see how YOU adjust to it.

I had the 'most' success with Alesse, it gave me less side effects, but killed my sex drive [they all did anyway]

As for how long to wait,

information comes with your pill, and depends on when you start it on your cycle.

I would recommend atleast a month to make sure you get a montly period and that your body adjusts well to it, and get into a routine of taking it consistently.

You'd hate to ditch the condom, only to start vomitting after taking the pill [which renders it useless] or forget for a few a days, or whatever.

It depends when you start taking it.

You should ideally start when you are on your period. If you take it on the first day of your period, it works straight away. If you take it on the last day, it'll take 2 weeks to work.

Any other point in time, you should wait atleast one month before having unprotected sex.

I would actually wait one month either way just to be sure.

Shouldn't be a problem if you use condoms.

Thanks Ay0, you're very nice giving me so much info so you recommend waiting a month even using condom?, if i take pills is c'z i dont wanna get pregnan but condom as i said is basic an a must.

Are you saying that you will be using a condom + pill, every time you have sex?

If thats the case, you can go ahead and have sex if you're using a condom..tomorrow.

If you're relying just on the pill, with no condom, then yes, I'd wait atleast a month.

If thats the case, you can go ahead and have sex if you're using a condom..tomorrow.

If you're relying just on the pill, with no condom, then yes, I'd wait atleast a month.

I think she is.

I really think 1 month is a good indicator. There's no possibility of it still not being in effect, and some bodies don't absorb hormonal medicines as well. So 1 month is a good benchmark.

Yeah! why, it's no good ? uhm, cu'z you know, condom are most for preventing STD and pills for pregnancy, right.

There's nothing wrong with using two methods! Thats not what I was implying.

If you're using a condom, you're protected. [if used correctly...]

But wondering for when you are first protected and can have sex after starting the pill, I think its not so 'strict' if you're also using a condom.

I would advise a month wait if the pill was all you are using.

But if you want to ensure you're double protected, then yes, wait atleast a month.

I just wonder what pill is the best to avoid getting pregnan, i always said i won't use any pill cu'z many say they will get you fat, change your mood and hormon funtions, and that sounds very scary :S

You know what's amazing about that? Getting pregnant does the SAME THING!!! LOL the irony!!

I use Sprintec. I like it because I have not gained weight on it, have not had strange mood swings and best of all, it's a generic, so it's cheap.

Archived