Single and looking for a g/f… any takers???

If you're from KS and want to take me up on that you're welcome to write me, but that was more or less a joke. The serious part is that I really can't seem to get myself a date. I must be doing something wrong right? Maybe I'm just being too picky, but to me it doesn't seem unreasonable to expect to be able to find a single, God fearing woman who shares at least some of the views I have on love. Be dedicated to God above all else, but from that dedication be equally dedicated not only to the man she's with, but equally with everyone she cares about. Be someone that can have meaningful conversations with instead of always being frivolous propaganda. Someone that will be completely honest even in the difficult situations… Someone who will invest in me the way I invest in others. I guess that's asking too much since I can't even find someone that fits the first three.

I'm looking for advice but thus far I have only been complaining haven't I. Is that really looking for too much? What is reasonable to expect from someone you would date? If that isn't too much to ask, then does anyone know where I would find someone like that? I would really like to know

I live in the middle of nowhere. There doesn't seem to be anywhere to look. My church isn't exactly brimming with single 20 somethings, and I know that the bars are the wrong place to look. Around here that's basically all there is. I hope I'm just missing something because there has to be decent women around here somewhere doesn't there? I mean the best I can do can't be the beer chugging champ at the local bar… If it is I would rather stay single.

As for what I want from a relationship… I'm looking for someone I could end up marring (hence the high standards). I'm not someone that sees dating as a game. I'm looking for someone that will be my best friend and then some.

have you tried online dating? there may be a christian (or whatever religion you are) on-line dating site. i'm sure there is. or you can look at people's profiles and many have religion listed and those who feel it's impt. usually list it. that's my advice. type in christian and dating into google or something. something's bound to come up. or go to church singles groups. i know they have them. talk to your minister/ rabbi/ priest and ask if he knows any families with daughters, etc... talk to parents and ask them if they have any friends with daughters who go to church. people usually hate being set up by parents or parents friends, but i tell you it's not such a bad experience- at least they know that the person is a good person from a good family. trust your parents and friends, they sometimes have good judgement.

just some suggestions for finding a nice religious girl.

good luck!

Well I have ether tried, or have reason to avoid most of your subjections.

Online dating… Tried that… I live in the middle of Kansas. The closes places where people actually use those is almost 200 miles away. That doesn't exactly work for me.

Church singles group… that would be me and Luke… not going to date him.

Talking to my minister… You don't know Bishop More do you???? Lets just say that's a bad idea

Talking to peoples parents… tried that a couple times. I could have started my own mental ward with those women.

I know I've sounded a bit pessimistic, but that's my experiences. I guess I just have bad luck.

how small is your town. are you near kansas city? i'm guessing no. what are you doing with your life? perhaps you might want to venture into a city, being young and all. just for a few years. have a little fun and get some urban experience. you being 21, i can't imagine how many young people are in your small town. are you attached to your town b/c of work/ school/ family? just getting new experiences, you might enjoy it and then later you can go back to your town if it so pleases you. just another suggestion.

Nifty

I'm guessing by your location that you go to KSU. If that's right, I know that there are several Christian campus groups like Icthus, Challenge, or Campus Crusade (I'm sure this is true on any campus, not just KSU). These seem like good places to start looking to me. My roommate goes to Icthus, and he's planning on asking a girl from there out tonight. I go to a smaller group called UMCM, and even there, there are a few women who have similar standards. If you go to another university, I'm sure that the situation is pretty much the same. If you haven't given these groups a try I'd reccomend you go check them out. Even if you don't find anyone who quite matches up with what you're looking for, it can be a fun place to be with like-minded people.

Best of Luck and God Bless

Balthamos