Feeling so stuck and sad

Granted it's only been a week but I feel SO awful. I just feel like I'll never get over him. I'm 25 but this was my first serious relationship, first person I had ever made out with or had sex with and I can't imagine being with anyone else. I feel in limbo, knowing that I can't be with him but at the same time I can't imagine being with someone else. Everything seemed so special with him that I can't imagine it ever being like that with another man. I really don't know how to get over this

Hi I know it sucks but it does get a little better, don't call him or anything just let him go. It will get better in time. I know because I'm going through it and I felt like crap. I still sorta do but I feel a lot better than I did when it was new. Hang in there and contact me if you need to talk.

Yeah it's been about a week of NC for me too. I have my days where I feel empty and trapped in a void... but you'll have your good days too hun. Just wait it out... it's torture but if you contact him you'll only be slowing the healing process. Go out and try to have some fun with friends or family... any kind of distraction to get your mind off of feeling miserable.

I feel the exact same way as you hun

I'm really sorry that I have no advice to give as it's only Day 1 of my break up. I know it sounds weird but its somewhat comforting to know that other people are going through the same situation as me (although I wish to god it wouldnt happen to anyone!) just want you to know you are not alone hun!! Keep posting and reading on these forums, theyve made me feel a bit better already

xXx

Hang in there! I remember going through that with my first real, long term relationship. Funny thing is, after each time, I always thought how could I find someone like them, however, each time after, I always did. Every GF I have had since, was better than the last, and each one before, I thought was damn near perfect. Can you imagine what our next real love will be like? Bliss!

Thanks guys, I appreciate the advice. I know when something better is out there and you haven't met it, it's hard to imagine it even exists. Despite that bad traits that divided us, my boyfriend possessed a lot of really good traits too that I really miss. I had a fairly good day today, kept busy at work but the evenings always seem to be the worse, especially when I don't have much to do.

Jordan, I pray that you're right. I think through this relationship, I've learnt what's important to me, things that I never would have thought were important in the past.

Archived