My Ex bofriends Mum Died, i only found out!

Hi, im not sure if im posting this in the right topic. I went out with a guy 10 years ago and i just found out tonight that his Mum died suddenly in October.

I felt so sick and shocked when i found out, i was always very fond of her and we got on really well. My immediate feeling is to send my Ex a sympathy card saying how sorry i am for him and his sisters loss. He has moved hundreds of miles away so i can get his address of his cousin.

Can anyone give me some advice please, my gut reaction is to send a card.

Thankyou. x

I don't see why not...you and him haven't been together in quite a few years. I tend to think when something permanent as death is concerned and you dated a person for an extended period time and knew the family then sending a card is no problem....that is a very nice gesture...sorry about her death...sudden deaths are hard to take, it's not like a person has time to prepare their emotions.

Best to you...ya send the card...there's no harm.

I don't see why not...you and him haven't been together in quite a few years. I tend to think when something permanent as death is concerned and you dated a person for an extended period time and knew the family then sending a card is no problem....that is a very nice gesture...sorry about her death...sudden deaths are hard to take, it's not a person has time to prepare their emotions.

Best to you...ya send the card...there's no harm.

Thanks dream warrior, he was very, very close to his mum, he is devasted im so sure of that.

Yes, that's a good idea...I'm sure he can use all the support he can get right now. Just let him know how you heard about it and that you really liked his mom and it hurt you to find out what happened...like you said here.

I'm sure he will really appreciate it.

Hi, im not sure if im posting this in the right topic. I went out with a guy 10 years ago and i just found out tonight that his Mum died suddenly in October.

I felt so sick and shocked when i found out, i was always very fond of her and we got on really well. My immediate feeling is to send my Ex a sympathy card saying how sorry i am for him and his sisters loss. He has moved hundreds of miles away so i can get his address of his cousin.

Can anyone give me some advice please, my gut reaction is to send a card.

Thankyou. x

Archived