My b/f talks to his mom and sisters about me

For example, one time my b/f brought me to his friend's party with him and basically left me by myself the majority of the time. I was kind of upset about that and let him know, and he didn't say anything.

A couple of weeks later when we got in an argument, he brought up the fact that he talked to his mom and sisters about what happened at the party and how I felt abandoned etc.

I just found that a little shocking because he had not even talked to me about the party or anything, and he was over here getting advice from his family.

This has occurred other times before when we are trying to work something out and he ends up saying something like, "well I talked to my mom about it and she said..." etc. When it feels like him and I haven't even talked about it yet!

Anyway, my question is- Is there something effective I can say to my b/f about this? It kind of bothers me...

Part of this comes from age. If he is over the age of 18, he needs to start letting go...after all, that is what is considered a legal adult (even though they can't drink yet)

However, if he is still under 18, then this just goes to show that he has a good relationship with his family. Most teenagers of that age don't talk to their family like that.

well thats his family and its good that he is able to talk to them about so many things but i think that if he does this excesasivly and to the point that yourtr private life with him isnt private then i think you should talk to him, and maybe ask him not to talk about your relationship with his parents as much.

good luck and i wish you the best

That is a good point Swift44. I guess I was looking at it from a girl's "long-term" perspective. A guy who puts his family first when he is young, will more than likely do the same in the future. But to a certain extent he should keep personal things between you and him. Maybe YOU should initiate someting that will allow you to come to an agreement/comprimise.

Nope, nothing you can do. This happens with guys who are extremely inexperienced (at any age). To him, his family is on his side, whereas you're the "project" that his family is helping him with.

Oh, you can also tell him that you are discussing him with total strangers on the internet! Hee hee...

You know, people are just different. Don't blame him 'cos he didn't do anything wrong. I'm guessing he is Libra, Aquarius, or Sagittarius?