phone and is he just not that into?

yumicecream

this guy asked me out but when I told him to call me he said he feels awkward on phones yet gave me his number. we talk occasionally and he flatters me. i read that if this happens he's just not that into you. is this the truth?

He asked you out did he not? One does not have to be a rocket scientist to draw from that the sensible conclusion that he is into you. I suppose he could be a manipulative jerk, but he does not sound like that sort of person and, if he was, he probably would not be intimidated by phone calls.

To be honest (and yes, I am bizarre), I am not a huge fan of phone conversations either. Considering that I have never called a girl I was interested in, I can only imagine that the prospect would be an unnerving one for someone like me. I would much rather see someone face to face, and am significantly more confident when doing so.

Sorry that I cannot offer any tangible advice. I just wanted you to be aware that he may be genuine and that there are a small group of us out there are mildly uncomfortable with phone calls.

you know, i might just call him myself and set up a time to meet. or you can call him at a time you're pretty sure he won't answer the phone, and leave a message and put the ball in his court.

Exactly what I would suggest. Give him some time or, if you are interested as well, give him a call and casually remind him that he was going to take you out. I cannot see any harm in that (and he will probably be rather relieved). The idea of leaving him a message is brilliant - it allows him to make the move, but should hopefully banish any doubts he may have about you being interested.

Good luck,

Virgil

I'm turned on by being strongly persued. If I'm being passively persued, I lose interest and it is a huge turn off to be the one to have to persue. I don't like to call.

If he hit on you first, than he should definitely be the one trying to pursue you.

I don't think I'm the "stuff" for liking men to chase after me, but it feels damned good to be chased after When he calls you a few times, and shows that he is strongly interested in taking you out and getting to know you, THAN start calling him.

I can remember when men loved a clingy woman, but these days, they need their space just as much as we do. If you start calling him, he will think you are desperate and need him.

Archived