I was just wondering...

Hi. I've been reading some of the things on the Cyber Relationships forum and I wanted to ask something. I met this guy online almost 4 years ago. (He's a year younger than me) We were friends for about a year and a half because the whole online relationship thing didn't appeal to me really plus I didn't tell him very much about my personal life (like my real name, where i lived, etc.) because i know there's a lot of weirdos out there. I have to say he's a lot more trusting than me because he told me his real name and everything from the beginning.

Well about a year after we'd been talking (at least 4 or 5 times a week) he got a webcam and he let me watch it. I told him my real name when i saw him on webcam and eventually i told him where i lived and everything. I'd never told anybody online any of this (and i still haven't) because i guess i'm a little paranoid.

After I told him all that we started saying we loved each other, and we still do (it's been 2 and a half years since we started a "cyber relationship" and 4 years since i met him).

The problem is he's on the other side of the country from me. We talk all the time online and we call each other a few times a month.

I just want to know if anybody thinks I'm being stupid for feeling this way about him. If he had just automatically decided to say "i love you" the first day i met him i wouldnt still be talking to him because i dont think people who know each other in person should do that. you can't love somebody the first time you meet them (that's my opinion anyways).

If anybody wants to tell me their opinion I would be grateful.

P.S. isn't that a cute smiley? i think it is...lol \

I don't think that you are being stupid for feeling this way about him... You have been talking to him for quiet some time now... I guess, you developed a pretty strong bond, with him more on an intellectual basis... I agree with you, about not loving someone the first time you meet them because love takes time and it takes a lot of work... But I think love for you is used more as, I like the personal bond that we share, since you never actually met in person to feel the physical attraction... That's just my opinion...