What types of opinions from your acquaintances

sarsapolis6

I enjoy talking with people about new restaurants and shops in my area. If I meet someone new at a party or work event I usually try to start off the conversation by asking them about restaurants or shops in their area. Since I've lived in the same area for a long time, I have usually been to some of the places they like. Then, once you get an idea of what type of restaurant or shop they like you can talk more broadly. For example, if someone loves an Indian place near you, you can compare notes about the food, then maybe talk about an Indian wedding you just went to or your recent trip to India (just an example). Or, say you meet someone who likes shoes you can talk about favorite brands or new styles or where to find good deals.

I work with a lot of customers at work & I usually talk to them about good places we've each travelled, their job (what they do, if they like it). I complimented one lady on her bracelet and she told me the names of all the consignment shops in the area that you can get jewelry & brand name clothing/ purses really cheap.

You can almost never go wrong asking people about themselves (if it isn't too personal) and complimenting them on something. Being a conversationalist is not about talking at someone, it's about asking someone questions and being interested in what they have to say.

Archived